Re: [colorforth] New Linux 4word

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 01:45:53PM -0400, Mark Slicker wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, Albert van der Horst wrote:
>
> >There is no attempt from Chucks side to systematically
> >develop colorforth such that it is portable.
>
> And you are arguing there should be? I'd much rather see Chuck designing
> chips then playing PC boot technician.
>
> >This is a job left to the reader. We have had little success
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In view of the underlined, I cannot understand how you could
conclude that I argue that Chuck should be.
I argue that it is our job.

So I conclude you are trying to be negative and argumentative.

<SNIP>

> >But IMO my assembler tips the balance.
> >
> ><SNIP>
>
> You snip the most important part of my message, I wonder if you even
> bothered to read it or understand it.

I always snip things I have nothing to comment on.

<SNIP>

> >Should an assembler  of the postit fixup principle
> >be accepted  for colorforth, that is a far cry from 'forcing'
> >upon. It would be a combination of reimplementing the postit-fixup
> >principle in colorforth and copying some of the tables
> >for the opcodes. Probably not those of the floating point.
> >Then the names must be revised, because it uses characters
> >not present in colorforth.
>
> You want acceptence before you have done any reimplementation, before you
> have done any revision, again this has nothing do with factoring. It has
> everything to do with forcing your own subjective view onto the colorForth
> community.

Thank you for the compliment. Forcing a view -- views are always
subjective -- onto a community is tantamount to trying to introduce an
new idea.
Do I want acceptance? The only bloody thing I want is someone tell
me which binary colorforth to work on, and I'll show you something.

Have you seen my:
    - version of colorforth assembler source where the
      Huffman codes are generated by macro's instead of calculated
      by hand
    - version of the retroforth source where the 1234 2, thingies
      are being replaced by assembler instructions?
      program that does that replacement?
    - have you bothered to look how someone gets an
      Pentium assembler in 13 screens?

> Mark

Groetjes Albert

albert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst