Re: [colorforth] bug in bit32?

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 07:25:08PM -0400, Mark Slicker wrote:
> On Fri, 6 May 2005, Albert van der Horst wrote:
<SNIP>

> I don't follow this analysis. You should probably review again the source
> code. The way bit16 works is that is will shift the bits one by one into
> the carry bit, if the carry bit is set it will write a pixel. I does this
> 16 times. bit32 is similar execpt it will write four pixels if the carry
> bit is set.

You're right I was totally off the mark. I overlooked that
the LODS instruction sets a new value into AX.
But that establishes that the high 16 bits of AX are never inspected
in the loop of bits15 and bits32.

<SNIP>

Groetjes Albert.
albert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst