Re: [colorforth] merging edit time and run time

On Mon, 9 May 2005, Ray St. Marie wrote:

On 5/9/05, Mark Slicker <maslicke@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I thought this was interesting:

http://subtextual.org/

Mark,
Ray here:

I've seen this before and liked it imediatly,
I see copy and load, in colorforth, in a similar way as this guy see's
coding with with copy paste.
But then I see copy and load in colorforth like the oop model too, so ....

His environment seems more intuitive. Can't wait to write something with it.

The similarities to colorForth, I think is the integration of the editor and the language. This environment is clearly different in semantics, worlds apart from my initial glance. I have been a bit disapointed in projects like these in addressing system issues and integration with the hardware. Chuck work is the only work today that seems consider hardware and software as a whole.

Mark