RE: [colorforth] merging edit time and run time

On Tue, 10 May 2005, [iso-8859-1] Frédéric DUBOIS wrote:

I've seen the demo; maybe one can borrow some ideas from it. I've read the
manifesto; it's a large collection of cliché, not to say B*S*. Listen:

"It is a good time for a revolution."
How many programming languages maker have said that?

This is the ego-centric part of computing, that this tool or that will bring about revolution. Really, a revolution in computing is possible but only because so many good ideas have been accumulating for long from many different people without being put into widespred use or practice, and at the same time bad ideas have spread and become popular.

Interactivity is very under exploited. Most computing environments still follow the batch computing model, subtext makes the computation itself an object which can be interacted with, I think this is a very interesting idea worth exploring.

Mark