Re: [colorforth] new color

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 09:18:35AM -0700, John Drake wrote:
> I'm a bit confused by the proposal.  Are you
> looking to do the same as the tick word is
> traditional Forth?
>
> ' foo ( put the address of foo on the stack).
>
> If so, then wouldn't re-introducing tick to
> ColorForth be easier than introducing a new
> color?  (Not sure what goes on to adding
> colors frankly.)

I would be all in favor of a color over tick.
This is based on the confusion between ' and ['] etc
in ANSI Forth. I personally view 'DROP as a unity
and have changed my Forth to accommodate 'DROP instead
of ' DROP. This is the next best thing to colors that
you can do.

Groetjes Albert

albert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst