Re: [colorforth] new color

On 6/4/05, Mark Slicker <maslicke@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Ray St. Marie wrote:
>
> > On 6/1/05, maslicke@xxxxxxxxxxx <maslicke@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >> : string pop ;
> >> : array pop 2/ 2/ ; <-----|
> > Ray here: that array def  |  should have been :
> >
> > : array string 2/ 2/ ;
> >

> This second 'array' will return the address of '2/ 2/ ;' so this is not
> correct. The first is correct since you want the address directly after
> the use of 'array', and you want to divide by 4 to yeild a cell address.
>
> Mark

And there you go. Proof of the ambiguity about how these things work.
Mark, look back at the code in colorforth and point me to an example
that is used the way that you discribe above, for I have not found it.
In fact, you even use it the way I described.

To our education,

Ray.

So that was what I was gonna say, then I found an example on block 42
"CRC" part of the "PNG",  And Indeed, It is used the way you described
above.

But as far as I can tell, the way I described your usage of `upper' is correct.

--
Ray St. Marie
Rastm2ATusersDOTsourceforgeDOTnet