Re: [colorforth] Reassembling without plusses

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 02:26:52PM -0500, Ray St. Marie wrote:
> On 6/22/05, Albert van der Horst <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > The archive is called color-NO_PLUS.zip and available via my
> > site below. Click on FTP.
> >

> I don't seem to beable to enjoy your ftp space, I have not been able to get in.
> I'm an ftp newbie, and must be doing something terribly wrong.
> Colorforth just seems to be filled with inaccessiblility.

I should have warned that this is on my personal network, and that if
sometimes I unplug my adsl cable (for experimenting or hanging it off
a Windows machine, or just stumbling over the cable, or when the modem
drops off the table ) there is no access. This is 23.5/6.5 rather then
24/7.

The reality of anonymous ftp is hidden by Windows systems out there,
and most browsers. Sometimes they blow it.
In fact you *always* need to log in. But if you give either the name
"ftp" or "anonymous", any password is accepted.
Instead of a browser you could use an ftp client (there are dozens
of them).

If you use the commandline :
        ftp 80.100.243.90
there is no room for misconfiguration.

If that fails please send me a copy of the error message.

Groetjes Albert

albert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst