Re: [colorforth] Chuck's 2005 code

Hi Jeff & all,

I found out today that Mozilla Thinderbird decided not to get mail from my NTL account sometime around Nov17. So I have just got 224 emails - about 15 of which are from the cf mailing list.

This is why I have been very quiet on cf!

I will check out the new cf source.... Thanks Jeff!

Regards

Howerd  8^)

<RANT> aaaaghg! </RANT>

Jeff Fox wrote:

It has been pointed out that Chuck talked about code in this
current colorforth that has not been released.  I got Chuck's
permission and will put a copy of the 2005 kernel/editor and
2005 utility routines up to block 65 on my webstite today.
It is the PD part of CF although it has been several years since
Chuck has updated what he has put is online.

I am too busy to explain the parts of it that I have used. But
this version has a lot more comments by Chuck that I pursuaded
him to add, and some other comments that I added.

I will say that the kernel has support for ATI or NVIDIA video
cards.  The words ATI and NVIDIA in the Floppy application wordset
reset the vector.  Mine is setup for NVIDIA so someone with an ATI
card and black screen can type "floppy ati save ruu " since
"ruu" is "off" on the ascii keyboard it will reboot with the
boot image saved with the ATI video vector set.

nc is set to 4 so it boots blocks 0-72 although I only left code
on blocks 0-65.  Lots of new stuff to explore and enjoy.