Re: [colorforth] Disassembling Pentium ColorForth

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, John Drake wrote:

So 6 instructions for colorForth versus 6
instructions for optimized SwiftForth.  Not
bad!  But I want to make sure I've done the
disassembly right.  Rummaging through the
c.l.f. archives I noticed Mark Slicker wrote
a definition for a non-existent MISC machine
that did it in 4 instructions.  His definition
used "+IF" which ColorForth doesn't have.
I suppose you could add that as a Pentium
macro though.

Just to clarify, this was 4 instructions for the non-existent machine, not 4 pentium instructions. I'm not sure I would add +if, since it is very close to -if, and in colorforth you are supposed to be thinking in terms of a MISC machine. In that particular example I think either would have worked.