Re: [colorforth] Chuck 2005-11-05 source, anyone?

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 10:12:29PM +0000, josh@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I've been somewhat curious what changes were made in the kernel in the
> new colorforth, although I'm not a colorforther (I don't even own an x86
> box).  But I did some searching, and AFAICT no one has disassembled it
> back to source yet (I'll never understand you people).
>
> And...I was bored today, so I started doing it myself.  I now have a
> rough draft of the (nasm) source code for it.  Some of the data (the
> huffman-encoded names,  for instance) I didn't bother putting in source
> form.  And there are a couple of the new addresses and routines for
> which I haven't invented names.

I have disassembled the original colorforth. You could use the
same techniques and tools. See previous posts, or the site in
my sig. Click on ftp.
It regenerates the names from the code, and disassembles all
hgh level code correctly.
You can even change the bit map Chuck Moore used for the character
'Y' easily.

> I have what I wanted out of it, but it seems like it might be useful to
> the colorforth community.  If there is interest, I'll consider finishing
> it up to the point where it assembles correctly...

Sure enough, my disassembled code assembles to exact same code.

albert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst