[colorforth] part two of Ray's post

part two of recent post

> > > 2.  For the record, I have worked with CF for a few
> > > years now, on a hobby project, and am more than
> > > satisfied.  Four X speed (compared to a DOS based
> > > ANSI)
> > >  direct PCI access and "self documenting" code all
> > > help.

(ray) :-) with you!

> > > I coded a synthesizer from scratch, that uses a PCI
> > > printer card to to drive a 12 bit parallel DAC
> > > convertor board.  It plays the 4 voices of a string
> > > quartet in perfect tune (though with a toy sound).
> > > Code is 60 blocks for i/o and sound banks, plus 40
> > > blocks for a  "score" (in this case, the first 29
> > > bars
> > > of Beethoven's  Rasoumovsky Op59/1 ).  No sound
> > > card,
> > > no DMA - direct  CPU conversion of each PCM sample in
> > > 5
> > > microseconds (which is 4 X faster than CD) on my old
> > > 550
> > > MHz PII with a slow Standard Printer Port.  I could
> > > happily spend my remaining years simply refining
> > > this
> > > setup (faster PCI card, faster computer, 16 bit DAC,
> > > more elegant layout).
> > > Thanks to CF, the thing works.

(ray) That's neat-o! You simply have to share this with me. I'd love
to have ChuckBot include sound. I'm an accomplished guitarist ( may
start giving lessons soon). This is impressive Nick. I have every
intention of getting some of the "TechTaxes" collected in our area
from hi-tech companies to go to the arts. A production piece to be
based around readable, programmable colorforth has always been a
desired result of my study.

I'd love to read your code.

On the colorforth.info front:
Charles Childers of Retroforth fame has gracefully allowed me space on
his server for the site. It's mysteriously unreachable currently and
we are trying to remedy the situation as quickly as possible. I have
much to post. I've been detailing colorforth on a scale like the
Karig.org commentary site and can't wait to update.

> > > Caritas,
> > >
> > > Nick
> > >
> > > --
> > > Dr Nicolas George Maroudas
> > > Avigdor Meiri 9/1
> > > Sea View
> > > Haifa 3 55 00
> > > Israel
> > > Tel +972 048 337 315

> > > For additional commands, e-mail:
> > > colorforth-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > Main web page - http://www.colorforth.com
> > >

> > --
> > Dr Nicolas George Maroudas
> > Avigdor Meiri 9/1
> > Sea View
> > Haifa 3 55 00
> > Israel
> > Tel +972 048 337 315

> --
> John Comeau <jc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://jcomeau.unternet.net/
> "A place for everything, and everything
> all over the place"

Guys, thank you for your continued interest in colorforth. You keep me
going. :-)

Raymond St. Marie ii,
New address:

10665 w7th Ave apt 1