Re: [colorforth] Jeff Fox

Hi Vaded, Dr. Nick. and them that are about...
Ray here...

I too remember a conversation with Jeff on #c4th irc.freenode.net
about a colorforth used at IntellaSys. The colorforth was said to be
running as if native with-in linux, windows, or as a native making
coding blocks for the native very convenient in your host os. Portable
even.

I would imagine if it is being used at all, that colorforth would be
designing chips, software to simulate chips, software to program them,
and tools to support the entire effort.

I can't recall _when_ the conversation was. I seem to remember it was
pre the '05 release. I know I had a similar conversation with Jeff pre
the '05 release, and I also recall finding out about the actual
release an unreasonably long period after it had been released. Weird
that. You'd think I'd have been one of the first to know such a thing.

But the point is I do remember such a conversation as vaded has
reported. Multiple people were said to be working on it at IntellaSys.

When...?

from Color Ado
Ray

On 9/24/07, vaded@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <vaded@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am speaking of an even newer version of colorForth.
>
> I must not be the only person who remembers Jeff Fox
> mentioning in #c4th (sometime in 2006) that a new
> version of colorForth was in the works and that
> multiple people (at Intellasys??) were working on it.
>
> On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:44:12 +0200, "Nick Maroudas"
> <alice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> > Quoting vaded@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> >
> > > I remember Jeff Fox mentioning a "soon" to be
> > > released new version of
> > > ColorForth.  This never happened -- does anyone know
> > > why?
> > >
> > >Nick here:
> >
> >  On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 23:45:37 -0600 Ray St. Marie
> > <ray.stmarie@xxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Nick is right as far as I recall. Chuck has the USB
> > driver on the '05
> > version of colorforth that was distributed by Jeff Fox.
> > If not already
> > known to you, that version shipped with unexpected
> > corruption, which
> > in turn was corrected by Josh Grahms at :
> >
> > http://qualdan.com/colorforth/chuck05-jg5.tar.gz
> >
> > Nick here:
> >
> > Hello, Ray!  ....  Yes, I am using Josh's chuck05,
> > downloaded from the site you mention above, with help
> > from Josh to install the version for 16bit color.  It
> > boots reliably, and one can use block 60 to format new
> > floppies; thus becoming independent of other OS.
> >
> > Hi, Vaded!  See subsequent post by Ray on the thread
> > "Working with ColorForth" for his comparison with the
> > original.  CF05 has more facilities than CF01, yet
> > loads even faster and IMHO looks even neater.
> > Streamlined evolution - the opposite of bloat code.
> >
> > Caritas,
> >
> > Nick

Raymond St. Marie ii,