Re: [colorforth] hardware compatibility

I think just about any modern laptop will boot the colorForth ISO from
the SourceForge site. My Dell Inspiron 600m, for example, can boot it.
And it should be able to "save" to a floppy, if one can find a
compatible floppy, but I haven't been able to fit enough code into the
bootsector to determine if it's booting from CDROM or floppy; so even
if it's "saved" to floppy, it won't boot from it.

A floppy image is also available from the SourceForge project page,
but I've only tested it with emulators (Bochs, QEMU, VMware Player),
and Howerd wasn't able to boot from it.

--
John Comeau <jc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://jcomeau.unternet.net/
"A place for everything, and everything