RE: [colorforth] Musings on SEAForth

> Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 04:11:19 +0000
> From: gwenhwyfaer@xxxxxxxxx

> And hey, DOS would fit just fine in 1Mb L2 cache...
:) YES!
Ever tried Win3.1 on current hardware? -- I did 5 years ago, lightwave fast. Ability of Wins-XXXX to slow down best Intel can come up with just amazing. No joke here.

>> Many microcontrollers have internal ROM or Flash and SRAM
>> but also have an external memory bus for when you have
>> programs or data that don't fit in internal memory.
>
> Not the really cheap ones; indeed, some of them have architectures
> which exclude the possibility altogether (eg. the PICs, the Parallax
> Propeller).

Hm, I bet more systems was designed with separate mass storage than not. Once you loose infinite supply of power things become matter.