Re: [colorforth] How to recreate the 31 July color.com

Hi Jason, the color.com file is what was saved after loading the
high-level colorForth code, so it has a lot more data in the lookup
tables than does the bare-bones code assembled from the sources. Also,
the sources have a glaring off-by-one error that causes code to load
at the wrong location, hence Charley's advice might work.

But even running it as a DOS program won't help if you don't have
exactly the right hardware. You might need to use a different
colorForth compiled for your own graphics card.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 11:14 AM,  <cshattuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I vaguely remember that what was created with an assembler had to be run from a DOS boot disk.  In other words, it's a DOS program, not a native colorforth.  Am I wrong?  Then when and if it runs you can save it as a native colorforth floppy with SAVE.
>
>  I hope that helps,
>  Charley.

John Comeau <jc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://jc.unternet.net/
"A place for everything, and everything