Re: [colorforth] How to recreate the 31 July color.com

Hi Charley :) Ray here. :)

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 11:14 AM,  <cshattuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I vaguely remember that what was created with an assembler had to be run from a DOS boot disk.  In other words, it's a DOS program, not a native colorforth.  Am I wrong?  Then when and if it runs you can save it as a native colorforth floppy with SAVE.

lol I do remember trying to run the image on a 486 running win95
shortly after there was a public version on the web. It's a mistake as
some will pick up right away, but what did I know, I executed the
thing in windows, I'm talking about a finished colorforth.com dos
file... and it ran.

It's the only time i've run the DOS.com file type with exception of
trying to do so in XP, and that is a totally HUGH mistake. Took me
hours to figure out how to get the computer to stop booting in DOS
mode.

I believe you are correct, Charlie, as I've never done this myself but
have read Chuck explain that very process, just as you have it.

> I hope that helps,
> Charley.

Raymond St. Marie ii,