Re: [colorforth] colorforth 2.0a for stand-alone and Windows use

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Jason Kemp <jason.kemp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,

Jason hi, and welcome back. Missed you. :-)

( cut the machines it runs on reported by Jason)
Great to see all the machines that it does run on for you.

> although they cannot save and it takes forever to boot. :o(

As to forever-boot... By now you know it boots the entire 1440 block
image, or the entire floppy that is to say. In my machine I can count
the heads changing sectors, once for the boot section ( takes a sec )
then 79 times for the rest of the image. Floppy is slow and I can't
wait to get it going on the USBstick. When we only booted 4 sectors or
so ( 18 in my Appelman/Nietz smallfonts ) it was very quick and we
didn't have any kind of wait time like what a c compiler takes to
build a medium size ap. :-)

But I 'm concerned about the image not saving for you. I've had that
problem on some machines and I've never been able to figure that out.

The new Manuel says something about needing to use a word called
'HOMEF" before every floppy hit, read or write, but this word has
never worked on my system and appears to not even be included in the
system, as far as I can tell.

Ray

> Jason
>
> Jeff Fox said the following on 02/05/2008 18:58:
>>
>> colorforth list readers:
>>
>> the long awaited colorforth 2 has been released
>>
>> ftp://ftp.ultratechnology.com/ColorForth2.0a.zip
>>
>> It defaults to qwerty mode on boot although changing
>> the word qwerty from yellow color to white color on
>> block 18 and doing a save and warm or restarting
>> will return to the familiar quasi-Dvorak keyboard.
>> The editor still uses the old command key layout
>> although new command keys have been added.
>>
>> This is the version that Doug has talked about SVFIG.
>> It comes with documentation and a Windows wrapper.
>>
>> Enjoy

Raymond St. Marie ii,
colorforthray.info