Re: [colorforth] Setting a pixel on the screen

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:37 AM, Ray St. Marie <ray.stmarie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Jason Kemp <jason.kemp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Good evening all,
>>
>> I have been attempting to set a pixel on the screen to white.  Please show
>> me what I am doing wrong:
>>
>> : ohno show black screen ffff 400 400 1024 * + 2* 1e80000 + ! keyboard ;
>>
>> Only the ffff and the 1e80000 are in hex.  The screen is 1024x768, 16-bit,
>> VESA 117h.

D'oh you did say 4117vesa. so yes your whites are ffff as well you know.

This makes me wonder about shareing code between colorforthers. We are
branching the ( was block 30 with colors on it and in the new it is
26) colors and code for one system will not work for the other with
out re-writeing.

This could all be repaired if the 16bit systems used the 5:6:5 routine
to make the colors conguent between all systems.

This is a kernel routine and makes the 32bit color patterns in
old30/new26 block work in systems that use 16bit color information.

This issue won't come to a head until we begin really sharing code by
upload/download to the colorforth systems rather the re-writes.

Ray
(someone hit the snooze)

--
Raymond St. Marie ii,