Re: [colorforth] distributed colorforth?

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 10:43:19AM -0400, David J. Goehrig wrote:
> Hey all I have a simple scenario that some colorforth programmers may
> have some insight towards.
>
> I am currently trying to evaluate colorforth for a personal project
> involving some embedded work.  While
> the project will eventually run on something other than x86, I have been
> -fighting- playing with
> colorforth on the PC to replicate the software environment of the end
> device.

You will find colorforth one of the hardest systems to port.
Either you like colorforth very much, then you are best off
reimplementing it from specifications. (Those you have to
write mostly yourself).
Or, if you want some Forth and want to be able to change it, you
can start with something that has been written with
reimplementation/portability in mind, like my ciforth.
(Currently 80x86 (8 flavors), 6809, M16C, Dec Alpha)

Compiler is GPL, your programs are your own.

<SNIP>