Re: [colorforth] Seeing the Vesa mode on start-up/changeing same.

Quoting "Ray St. Marie" <ray.stmarie@xxxxxxxxx>:

>... " Hi colorForth fans
>... " Ray here...
>... "
>... " I've been offline a couple of weeks... recent
>... " blog entry about that at
>... " http://colorforth.net
>... " I've been busy in my offline time working with a
>... " [snip]
>... " ... few of  the problems that I've seen pop up
>... " recently in this
>... " mailinglist. .... Also, I've created
>... " a couple words to aid
>... " in the display debugging process. Nick, I was
>... " thinking of you. :-)
>... "
>... "

Nick here,

Dear Ray,

Thanks for thinking of me, though I've been off line
even longer than you; and missed a lot of good stuff -
including the CF Community website above.

Reason for absence was to prepare a ms and submit it
for
publication, on the hex scale of music notation for
which I've been using CF lately.  I mailed you a floppy
with my CF program a few months ago, now the ms is
available for anyone who might be interested in a hex
alternative to the usual MIDI scale in logarithmic
cents.

Your work on vesa and LOGO display is certainly of
interest to the "Play and Display" part of my program.

So is Jason's on how to set a pixel.  Should lead to
even smaller lag between displaying the score and
playing the notes.

Will need some time to absorb all this new stuff:  at
my
age short term memory becomes as volatile as RAM - and
much, much slower to refresh.

Caritas,

Nick

Also Quoting:  Wed, 28 May 2008 14:01:23 +0100
Jason Kemp <jason.kemp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Re: [colorforth] Setting a pixel on the screen

A better world is not only possible but on the way.  On
a quiet day you can hear her breathing.  - Arundhati
Roy

***
****