home .. forth .. machineforth mail list archive ..

[MachineForth] Code Size, consulting vs chips

At 09:39 AM 11/29/01 -0800, Jeff Fox wrote:
> The worst case
>I have seen for ANS was one system that "needed"
>six megabytes of stack space. (but what do
>you expect from a Unix in Forth. :-)

Remember reading somewhere, that only 1 percent of Forth programmers had
used CREATE and DOES> ...

>P.S.  It is nice to know that there are at least
>a couple of people interested in MachineForth and
>in this list.  I hope I don't drive anyone away
>with my long posts about all sorts of stuff
>related to the subject.

Likewise; if I'm quiet for a while (say a coupla months or so), please take
it as a sign that I'm busy tinkering with recoding along these lines.