home .. forth .. nosc mail list archive ..

[NOSC] Steamer16 Q&A

> On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 21:17:11 -0400 (EDT), Rick Hohensee wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> I haven't subscribed to comp.lang.forth, so I'm in the dark about H3sm.
> Do you have a zipped archive you could send directly to me?

ftp://linux01.gwdg.de/pub/cLIeNUX/interim and the last hardcopy "Forth
Dimensions"

> BTW, if there are any C compiler design gurus on the list, I am very
> interested in an appraisal of Steamer16 as a target for a tiny,
> integer-only flavor. I started on a Forth compiler, but code bloat and
> low performance set in very quickly and it turns out to be a poor
> marriage :(

Martin Richards' page, author of BCPL, predecessor of C, and Tripos,
predecessor of AmigaDos.
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mr/

I uncovered a thing called smallc from gatekeeper.dec.com. Honk if you
can't find it.
                        Small C version C3.0R1.1
                              (SCC3)

                            Chris Lewis