From: List-Admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:List-Admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Michael A. Losh
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 1:21 PM
To: colorforth List Member
Subject: [colorforth] Experiments and troubles with colorForth 1.0

----- Original Message -----
From: <trey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 11:04 PM

> I couldn't make the save trick work either.  I eventually used 'dd' to
> transfer the file.  I suspect your Permedia 2 card doesn't support the
VESA
> BIOS extenions required to put the card into 1024x768 linear frame buffer
> mode.  If you've got a VESA BIOS driver for DOS for your card, you might
try

> --
> Trey Boudreau     | Home: trey@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the reply, Trey.

My video card is a LeadTek WinFast 3D L2300 AGP.  It is supposed to be AGP
1.0 compliant and VESA DPMS/DDC 2AB+ compliant (whatever that means).  I
tried to write some boot code myself on this PC and I remember that this
card reports having VESA 2.0 extensions.  I don't know if colorForth needs
something later.  With my code, I did not get too far with the VESA 2.0
routines to set up and use the frame buffers, so perhaps this card has
quirks. The manual for the board does not mention any DOS drivers... maybe I
can look around for one.  In Windows 98, I run the graphics in 1024x768,
ususally with 24-bit color, but High Color (16) is an option, so it should
be quite capable of running in the mode colorForth wants.
--
Mike Losh        http://members.home.net/forthist/

Main ColorForth site   -   http://www.ultratechnology.com