[ColorForth] Let's talk philosophy

trey@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Now Jeff,
>
> First, Roger claimed he joined because he has an
> interest in some of your opinions.  Nothing obligates
> him like to them all.

Fine. I would have prefered the complement more had
it had not included the "ramblings" part.  But the
issue with me is not about that.

The last thing I want, is for people to go around
telling others that we have a cult.  I don't care
if they personally want to join a cult or not.
In America "cultist" is currently the worst
thing IMHO.  I would actually prefer to be labeled
as a terrorist and people are a little sensitive
about that these days.

> Second, I think he meant the phrase "Cult of Chuck"
> as a joke.  Relax a little.

People who have not been burried in hate email because
of being called a cultist apparently do not appreciate
the results of these jokes.

I don't like being called a cultist any more than
people like being called a nigger or any other
hate speech.  You know people have been criminally
prosecuted for conspiracy to committe murder
for using hate speech and in doing so inciting
some other mentally unstable person to violence.
Telling the people that were murdered or telling
their families that it was just a joke won't help.
They don't think it is funny.  I don't think it
funny.

> I hope you don't unsubscribe.  I don't agree with
> everything you have to say either, but your posts
> encourage me to think differently about computer
> systems, and I value that.

As if to stay in sync, our cult-fighting crusader
returned to c.l.f today and could not help but
bring me up in almost all his replies to other
people about every other subject.  He got a
few, but we weren't talking about Jeff? from
other people.  One person said that he could
not believe that he and I were still fighting
over, and he inserted a subject from a thread
a year ago.

That ain't it.  He wrote to me that he hated
me and started in the his anti-cultism "crusade"
as he put it.  And it did result in a lot of
weird people writing to tell me that they have
no idea what the "cult of Chuck" is, but that
they hate cultists and hate me.

Being burried in hate mail and threats is not
something I think is funny.  I wrote a long
reply about how I feel about this @#!%^&*
cultist hate speech.  I haven't posted it
yet but may have to post it here also...

I also wrote a long email to Roger and I
got a reply which I have not read yet.

This is not a joke to me.  Apparently you just
have no idea, no idea at all what I am talking
about.