[ColorForth] reinventing the internet?

It's funny you guys are talking about simplifying TCP/IP.. I was just thinking
the same thing but I kept quiet. Reading the old RFC's I realized things were
very complicated in the 70's and 80's.. the internet was used to tie together
all kinds of networks which are gone now, replaced by TCP/IP. I say scrap it.
Ditch the crappy file formats.. HTML, SGML, PDF, PS.. come up with a simple
replacement for html, and a simple vector graphics format. Move from central
administration (namely, DNS) to peer-to-peer protocols. Use the Freenet method
of storing and transmitting files. Get it down to the bare minimum needed to
do things people actually find useful. I'd like to hear other peoples' ideas
on this..

About my experience with Color Forth: I gave up on "colored" and pre-parsed
source code.. it's not extendable like traditional Forth. But I am using a
lot of other ideas from Chuck's colorforth. I'm using DOS because it provides
total access to the machine.. I start my own "OS" and return to DOS when I'm
done, but I don't use any DOS services. FAT support would be useful.. I'm also
evolving my own filesystem (blocks aren't cutting it). I could also run under
Unix/Linux - it's a tradeoff, hardware access vs. robust OS services.. I think
it's a nice option, having my own simple OS but not having to duplicate
everything Unix does in order to write network applications etc.

Anyway, that's where I'm at.. take it for what it's worth.

Tom Novelli