[ColorForth] OS is Not a Dirty Word

"Kurt B. Kaiser" wrote:
> Forth is not a type safe language!

No. You are right.

Chuck says "his" hardware is "right by design."
Chuck says "his" software is "right by design."

This is one of the ways he eliminates bloat.

The hardware and software training wheels that
are needed by those who don't solve in the spec stage,
don't solve in the design phase, don't solve in
the edit phase and build code by pasting
sequence of bugs from a library together and
then relying on compiler software, runtime
error detection software, and hardware error
protection just don't get the concept of
"right by design."

Why is Chuck's hardware and software SO much
smaller and simpler than EVERYONE else?
He puts in more work up front.
He insists, that "He just tries harder!"

He insists that other people don't even think
that doing it right is possible and don't
even try.

I could try to explain why ideas like
"type safe" languages are just a form of a
pre-bent idea.  Broken training wheels
won't help when you are headed for the wall
sideways at 250MPH.

Not doing the dumb thing in the first place.
(to quote Jet Thomas) is the only really non-
pre-bent approach.

But most people want to help by adding the
things that Chuck doesn't need or want, things
that he left out intentionally and which they
think they still need because all the parts
that they are familiar with are pre-bent.