[ColorForth] reinventing the internet?

Routers have information that hosts do not have.

Packets are dropped intentionally by routers in order
to signal congestion back to the sending host.

This makes UDP unreliable outside of LANs.

TCP responds to dropped packets by reducing the hosts
rate of sending packets. The dropped packet is resent.

Using TCP allows multiple independent hosts to coordinate
their behavior over very long distances.

It does not matter wether a host cooperates voluntarily.
RED managed queues will randomly drop packets when certain
thresholds are reached. The result is that a misbehaving
host has a higher chance of having his packets dropped.