[ColorForth] reinventing the internet?

Dirk Harms-Merbitz wrote:

> IPv6 is simpler then IPv4. It has extension headers.

I don't understand why UDP can't be used functionally
for most things that use TCP/IP.  Why is the
sorting of scrambled packets and complex recovery
and timeout mechanisms so important everywhere?
I want to know more.

I have never focused on the details and don't
really understand that problem.  I know a little
about it and have questions.  Can you help me
understand not why it is complex, but why
that complexity is required in most internet
apps but not others.

If UDP works so well on video for instance, why
is the more complex protocol required so often
for things that seem less demanding to me?
Just because it is a standard that is being
used on the other end?  There must be some
valid technical reasons why the simpler one
isn't used more.  Can you try to educate us
about that?