[ColorForth] Encoding question...

The colorForth Huffman coding is indeed static, chosen from common English
frequencies. However, the frequencies are not critical, simply seperating
characters into 3 classes: 4-bit, 5-bit and 7-bit.

More interesting is within classes giving more frequent characters more
trailing zeros. This sometimes allows more than 28-bits to be packed into a
32-bit word. A trivial improvement in density, but at no cost.

I've always planned to calculate actual frequencies once I'd written a body
of code. Depending on results, I might change the coding. I'd have to write
a utility to do that, and if code had been widely distributed it wouldn't be
practical.