[ColorForth] Problem sending mail to the list

My previous post to this list was done "by hand";
I cut and pasted it from Vi into a telnet session.

Here is what I get every time I try to send a mail to
the list, even though I am subscribed:

------- snip --------
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at 00-50-04-4b-bf-28.bconnected.net.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.

<ColorForth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
216.136.109.158 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 Sorry, djw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is not
allowed to send mail to ColorForth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Giving up on 216.136.109.158.
------- snip --------

I am sending this mail by hand also.  Here is what is happening.  In the
SMTP protocol, where the mailer says "mail from:", my mailer is putting
djw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  After sending the line
"rcpt to: colorforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx", MDaemon is AT THAT POINT going
through to the mailing list software and saying "Um, excuse me, is this
"mail from:" guy allowed to post to you?".  Mailing list of course says
"No way Jose".  Which is correct.  What is not correct is for the smtp
server to be doing that in the first place.

My mailer puts djw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx as the mail from:
address because many mail servers refuse mail from an address that does
not match the IP it is being sent from.  They do this in an attempt to
stop spam.  My *correct* address, krooger@xxxxxxxxxx, is set in
the From: line as specified in the mail header.  According to RFC 822,
it is the From: line in the mail header that should count, not the
"mail from:" line in the RFC 821 SMTP protocol.

Is there any way this could get fixed?  There are several posts I've
wanted to make, but it is all just too frustrating right now.  I'm
reluctant to "fix" my mail server to work with chaossolutions.org
because then I won't be able to send mail to much of the rest of the
net.

Jonathan

--
I am working to subvert from within ...
umm ...  by writing shoddy code ... and
charging too much. -- Colin, Aug 21, 2001