[ColorForth] colorForth ~popularity

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 10:20:10PM -0700, Tin Bee wrote:
I have not read atlas shruged, I dont intend to unless
i have nothing better to do, I can identify with Roark
but Gualt seems distincivly less tasefull to me.

You have been making posts about "Objectivism", and claim to believe in
it, but you haven't read what Ayn Rand herself considered her seminal,
comprehensive work on the topic?  There is a lot in that book.  Too many
"Objectivists" are just immoral capitalists trying to use objectivism as
a cover for their criminal misdeeds.

Pls. dont lump her in with neitzhe.
the difference between rand and neitzhe can be summud
up in a seemingly subtle comparison.

neitzhe - do what you feel.
Rand - do what you think.

How much Neitzsche have you read?  Or, as with Rand, are you relying on
second-hand or incomplete information?  Neitzsche was very much about
thinking, and Rand did not neglect the realm of feeling.

Moral judgement equating to the general higher good
of society, because when you benefit society, it
benefits you in return.

you are an altruist.

Coming from an self-proclaimed "objectivist", I recognize this for the
insult that it is.  And since you haven't read Atlas Shrugged, theres
little point my hunting out references from that book to show what Rand
actually thought on that score.  Your understanding of her seems
shallow.

Anyone here read the stuff by Daniel Quinn? Ishmael, Story of B?

never have want to give us an overview

Daniel Quinn articulates and explains the Law of Limited Competition,
which Ayn Rand was unconsciously groping for, but wasn't able to
exposit clearly.

I don't mind a good discussion about the merits of objectivism, although
this is the wrong forum for it.  But I intensely dislike people who not
only haven't done their background research, but appear to not even be
willing to.  Read Atlas Shrugged, and maybe the Daniel Quinn stuff, then
let's talk, maybe you'll then have the right words to express your point
of view in a way that I can accept as not coming from the pits of
ignorance.

Jonathan

--
                    Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   djw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2