[ColorForth] colorForth ~popularity

listen this is the wrong list to do this on, i invite
you to discus this further with me in a more
appropriate place, with that said, I will answer your
accusations.

> You have been making posts about "Objectivism", and
> claim to believe in it,

find one place wher i have said i belive in it, I work
on fact, that is a simple thing to do, facts are what
they are, belifes are difficult thing, because you
have to start by sacrificing your ability to deal with
reality.

> but you haven't read what Ayn Rand herself
considered
> her seminal, comprehensive work on the topic?  There
> is a lot in that book.

as far as her carear as a novelist that is the case it
was her masterpiece.

> Too many "Objectivists" are just immoral capitalists
> trying to use objectivism as a cover for their
> criminal misdeeds.

I am a capitalist, if you have read any of her
philosophy books you would realize that she was too,
she wrote a book called "capitalism:the unknown ideal"

to be a criminal act, an action must be taken against
the rights of a person, for a person to be able to
exist he must be free to act according to his
judgement.

> How much Neitzsche have you read?  Or, as with Rand,
> are you relying on second-hand or incomplete
> information? Neitzsche was very much about thinking,
> and Rand did not neglect the realm of feeling.

friedrich nietzche never thought anything since he did
not belive in free-will, thinking requires volition.

as far as having incomplete data, you are making that
asertion based on the fact that i said i have not read
atlas shruged, that is a fact, I did not need to, it
was not a philosophy book, I have read the philosophy
books.

> >you are an altruist.

> Coming from an self-proclaimed "objectivist", I
> recognize this for the insult that it is.

Why should you, after all you proclaim to have the
right to the existance of other people, you should
revel in me calling you an altruist, or maybe you did
and it scared you, after all its much easy to go on
ignoring reality then it is to turn and face it.

> And since you haven't read Atlas Shrugged, theres
> little point my hunting out references from that
book
> to show what Rand actually thought on that score.

i did not insult you, you were insulted by what i said
there is a big difference.

> Your understanding of her seems shallow.

my understanding of the philosophy she discovered is
sufficient.

> Daniel Quinn articulates and explains the Law of
> Limited Competition, which Ayn Rand was
unconsciously
> groping for, but wasn't able to exposit clearly.

if i get this right just from the name, then limited
competition is the shellgame of a coward who cannot
stand on his own, in open competition.

but if you would pls. expound apound your
understanding of limited competition i would be
willing to listen.

> I don't mind a good discussion about the merits of
> objectivism, although this is the wrong forum for
it.

I agree completely, you could come to the 'Objectivist
Only' forum under yahoo, im there allot or you could
choose any forum you want.

> But I intensely dislike people who not only haven't
> done their background research, but appear to not
> even be willing to.

why do you care what is in the minds of other people
at all? if you know your right you should feel
comforable in your knoladge rather than uncertain.

to get angry at another person for them simply
speaking their opnion is an indictment of you not of
the person you are angry with.

> Read Atlas Shrugged, and maybe the Daniel Quinn
> stuff

I would probably enjoy atlas shruged but im not
interested in it.

> then let's talk maybe you'll then have the
> right words to express your point of view in a way
> that I can accept as not coming from the pits of
> ignorance.

im not here to seek your acceptance, its not somthing
i want, i welcome your opinion, i will take it for
what it is.

you so far seem to be a shining example of the
intelectual elite that populate our country.

the novels are not the core for the philosophy, they
were writen with the intent of spoon feeding people
who would not be able to understand the philosophy if
presented in full context