[ColorForth] Hello World!

At 02:54 PM 5/1/02 -0700, you wrote:
I had hit upon the same idea, but haven't quite figured out how to display the text in that block on the screen.

Actually, I think I've about got it, although my actual colorForth code to test the idea sends the PC into never never land. What I was trying was this:

\r t \g fffffff0 and
\r tt \g if unpack emit tt ; then drop space ;
\r test \g show black screen text 100 block @ t ;

That seems like it should work, although I wouldn't be surprised to find I'm using "if" wrong, or that I need a little more after the "show" or something. Oh, I have a word ("hello") at the start of block 100 before trying this.

The above ignores the color of the word. (I hadn't seen the colorForth web page that explains the huffman encoding and whatnot in a long time, and only looked _after_ sending my prior email. It answered most of my questions. Thanks!)