[colorforth] New mailing list for chat

On Thu, 30 May 2002 list-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello.
>
> As yet another thread has spiralled  'off topic'  I have created a new list
> for chat.
>
> To join, send a mail to :-
>
> mdaemon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> with
>
> subscribe colorforth-chat
>
> as the first line in the body.
>
> Please join this list for general chat, philisophical debate etc. and keep
> strictly to colorforth code and help on this list.

I would not mind purely intelectual works(designs, ideas) to be posted
here, and discussed. This is not what I saw in the jpeg thread. I see
things like "Why don't we come up with our lossy image codec?", "Why don't
we come up with our network protocal?". I translate this to "Why don't you
figure out my half-baked ideas?". Are you paying me to do this? I would
glady design a lossy image codec, if someone paid me for my work,
and gave me the specification for their application. I simply have no
motivation at the moment otherwise. These types of mesages are hardly what
I would expect from programmers who subscribe to "Thoughtful Programming".

I hope you understand my frustration and anger. I regret even posting my
code in the first place. I was much more more emotionally sound prior. I
have completely lost focus, and I'm unable to complete my jpeg
decoder. Thoughtful Programming requires focus! Perahps I need a break
from computing, and personalities that inhabit it.

Mark