[ColorForth] Graphic compability

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Bob Shafer wrote:

> FYI...
>
> I tried the color.com from there. It did not work on my PC, which Chuck's
> color.com does work on. I ran it from a floppy that boots into FreeDos. It
> might work if I used debug to write it to a floppy and tried it that way,
> but I didn't. What happens is that the screen changes mode, and then it
> reboots the computer.
>
> I'll try it again later. It might be fine, and I just did something wrong
> (downloaded it in ascii; copied the wrong file to diskette; typed the wrong
> command; ... :-)

Might be floppy driver, which is different from Chuck's. I made another
version with Chuck's floppy code (just cut and paste).

http://www.oakland.edu/~maslicke/colorforth/vesa-chuck/

Actually works on my computer, which I didn't think his floppy code worked
before.

Also, remember these are cold boot versions. Use dd, rawrite, or debug to
write these to a floppy, then boot. Don't try to run under windows or dos.

If someone knew how to fit warm boot and the new code that would be great.

On a side note, does anyone know if there is somekind of minimal universal
floppy code? Linux somehow manages without too many problems, maybe I'll
check this out.

Mark