[ColorForth] USB soundcard (was PCI soundcard)

Now that the ColorForth community are giving my powerful
modern Intel PC the same software advantage that I used to
enjoy with FIG on a 48k Z80 (namely, an honest, elegant
OS that encourages "onesy" projects) may I request similar
help with hardware?

Nowadays $40 buys the consumer a CD quality USB audio
convertor at 44 kHz (minimal Nyquist rate for the 20kHz
human ear).  Soon USB Codecs at 192 kHz will bring out
even finer detail.

Hardware problem solved?  Probably.  But in case I need
to convince a classical musician with golden ears, I'd like to
program a system that could synthesize fourpart harmony
(in Just intonation) at ridiculously high rates, say 1-10
MHz.  To make the convertor I should like someone to
attach a fast 16 bit parallel DAC chip to a serial
card running Forth.

For Auld Lang Syne (should old aquaintance be forgot?)
I still have two umbilical Novix cards running cmForth
in ROM. Rated 4Mips.  I could mail them to anyone
qualified to attach said DAC for a reasonable fee.

Alternatively, what about the MuP21 and F21 chips?
Their inbuilt analogue line might adapt to audio.

Lastly, there are other umbilical cards running Forth
(eg from MPE or TDS in England) but the one with a
Harris RTX costs beyond my dreams and those I can
afford have nonForth CPUs.

Hardware design? - back to Jeff Fox!  Where is Jeff?

Nick Maroudas