[ColorForth] pre-parsed source and code sharing

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, t wrote:

> The design spec was not about easy communication of source between programmers.
> Had it been, then colorForth would have included something that facilitates
> _easy_ communication between colorForth computers. Sneakernet does not qualify.
>
> What are the design parameters for colorForth as a shared development
> environment?

Networking, but we've all acknowledged this.

I believe it is acceptable for a new system to go through a phase of
difficulty before it aquires networking. Networking is no small
component. I don't expect Chuck to cater to needs of the community, but
since it was on his list, I'll let him take care of it. If he did not have
an interest in it, I don't think he would be working on it.

> Note: Chuck wrote the colorForth kernel in ASCII text for the MASM assembler
> (which has actually produced the most corroborative efforts over the last
> year). He corresponds using Outlook Express. He does not use colorForth to
> write his text and then export it with the utility he has in OKAD for doing so.
> Would you?

Using Outlook is a lesser kludge than doing the latter. If colorForth had
networking, I'm sure he would write an e-mail application. I would write
an e-mail application, they are not too difficult.

By the way, I writing this on a GNU (Unix) machine, not in colorForth :).

Mark