[colorforth] Hello [PPP TCP/IP PCMCIA USB ethernet]

Hello all,
Just dropping my hat into the ring. I'm a complete Forth newbie, but I like
what I see especially in colorForth.

Depending on your point of view, I currently serve the Dark Side for my day
job. (Sun calls me a "Java Architect"), but I hope you won't hold that
against me. :) I'm as tired of bloated, buggy, slow, "platforms" as the next
guy.

I'm lucky enough to have one of the supported hw configs so I haven't hacked
the kernel yet. But the external floppy on the Fujitsu is failing and I will
be porting to an older Dell latitude LS (it boots, the logo shows, but in
640x480 not 800x600 image is clipped from upper left of full image)

I still don't *really* understand half the words in colorForth, but I'm
getting there.

I have some thoughts around improving adoption of Forth and colorForth in
particular. (mostly with a view toward my not having to work on anything
else) If you like/implement/make-millions-off the idea great, just be sure to
hire me so I can enjoy the ride. :)

It's wordy so read at your leisure.
http://www.pathfinderconsultancy.com/forth/proposal.html

-Bill

---

 "The difference between the right word and a similar word is the difference
between lightning and a lightning bug." -- Mark Twain