Re: [colorforth] Bug in 'less' / Good work!

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Peter Appelman wrote:

> Recently got colorforth to work on a system.
>
> Have been playing with it. As a result I found a little bug:
>
> Enter:(hex)
> 40000000 dup negate (switch to decimal) max
> and you will see.
>
> The problem, I think, is in less.
> I changed the 'js' (78) to 'jl' (7c) in my copy.
> It resides at long 1c7 (dump) using original downloaded
> color.com. If I'm incorrect, someone will correct me?
>
> I was surprised to see abs return a negative number,
> starting with a positive. :)
>
> This is a quiet list; I hope it is still active...
>
> Peter.

Thanks for your major contribution to ColorForth,
I'm still thinking of the implications of what it means, and
escpecially for the code I and others have with less in it.

I wanted to let you know that the list is indeed really quiet,
but I believe a lot of people are still checking/reading it daily.

I also wanted to inform you that I have a chat channel for colorforth, it is
also fairly quiet, Wednsday nights 19:00 - 22:00 GMT I'm almost always there
for questions and discussions where I can help. I am always on the channel
and can often be reached there well.

it is #c4th on the IRCnet.

And thanks Mark for your confirmation of the issue.
I know you're really busy at the moment.

With kind regards,

Tim Neitz.