Re: [colorforth] colorforth in the bochs

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Alex Thiel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> for those of you who are interested in writing hardware drivers for
> colorForth: I have got it to run in the bochs, an open source x86 emulator.
>
> That's all I can think of at the moment. If someone wants to try this and has
> problems with the setup, feel free to mail anytime.

I gave it a try. Bochs seems to be working and colorforth might be
running, but I can't see it. Bochs runs to a VGA emulation in X-windows.
ColorForth is expecting to run 1024x768 (although with only 16 colors, if
I understand what you did properly), but VGA isn't 1024x768, is it?

So, I guess I'm missing a step...?

Any hints? :-)

Thanks!

PS: I am running this on a machine that runs colorForth natively. I
compiled and tried this in (redhat 7.3) linux, after applying your patch.