Just finished uploading:
color.asm
boot.asm
gen.asm
color.bin
color.com
read.me
to http://www.thelma-louise.net/

These are changed from the originals to assemble with Nasm.
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/nasm>

Why nasm?
I like it, it is very simple. Does not assume stuff. Needs to be told the
size of the operands most of the time. Which is a plus in my opinion. Better
control of the output.
No ambiguity if it is an address or the contents, you control it.

I managed to stuff the vesa code in the boot sector with one tiny,
little change to the code. The logic of the boot code was not changed; not
a single byte available.
And, with sincere apologies to Chuck Moore. I have made this with a
regular keyboard layout.

It is new, but seems to be working ok. The kernel has not been changed much.
There is a small change in 'pad'. See the read.me

As it took a little bit to get used to the special keyboard layout, it takes
a little bit to unlearn it again.
But at least I will not have to be staring at the bottom of the screen to
check which character I have to type next. That was getting in the way
between what I was thinking of and what I was entering on the screen.

enjoy.
Peter.