Re: [colorforth] correction and area fill.

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 03:05:41PM +1200, Albert Loggy wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> I am trying to install your file extend .blk to use with your version of
> ColorForth.
> I am at a loss as to how I should prepare the floppy with the FILLER file.
> I did a full format in windows and then made a 'notepad' file of 1280 bites
> (according to 'properties'). This I saved to floppy and then your extend.blk
> file.
> Some blocks were installed when I wrote ' 70 block file get " but not all.
> Where's the catch?
>
> Albert

What I have found, that windows will write a lower case directory entry
of the file you are saving whether you like it or not. This then takes 2
or 3 directory slots on the floppy. CF looks at the second one to find
the file size of what it is trying to 'get', so CF gets the wrong file
size.

My suggestion is to use a pure msdos system. That is boot up with a 6.22
dos floppy. Even shelling out to a dos system from windows will not
work. Then after you booted with a dos floppy, reformat, write the
filler file and save the blk file.

Alternatively look into linux. It has high quality utilities and tools
for free. Email me direct if you need more help.

Peter.