RE: [colorforth] VGA and hard disk ColorForth?

--- Fréderic_DUBOIS <frederic.dubois@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> >
> It's a nice development project. But with computer
> costs so
> > low, I question the value of using older
> computers.
> >

> One thing nice with old computers is that you can
> find them in trash cans. A
> friend of mine found a few years ago a 386 PC in the
> street, only the
> hard-disk was missing. He added an old hard-disk of
> his and could run Linux.
>
> 	Amicalement.

Well I think most video cards support VESA, even
going back a few years.  And if a computer doesn't
have a VESA card you can buy one cheap (< $20.00).
Since ColorForth now supports VESA that should take
care of most situations.  Ironically, however,
some NEW computers don't support VESA!  The problem
is Intel's new video card chipset isn't really
VESA compliant.  Some of the new machines at work
with this card can't support ColorForth for that
reason.  (Yes, I test ColorForth on every machine
we get it just for kicks.)

Regards,

John M. Drake