RE: [colorforth] abort

> With the system contained in one slab of memory and
> operations to modify
> memory, errors in one subsystem can effect all other
> subsystems. It can
> in fact make the source of error unclear and ambiguous. In
> other systems
> errors in sub programs can be bounded. In this sense I think
> colorForth is
> fragile.

There is also the notion of user fault tolerance.

> This is one area I'm interested in, programming

So am I.

> styles which make
> errors impossible and the proofs of their correctness. I
> think it possible
> to develop such a style in colorForth, if hasn't already been done.

Proovability on programs seriously restricts your possibilities as a
programmer. You cannot cut corners and that's definitely not the colorForth
style.
About errors I like to recall a simple statistical fact: the less you type,
the less the probability of typos and bugs.
If such a thing is possible, it must be done at design level, and this leads
us to the 'right by design' concept/ideal.

> Mark

 Amicalement,
  Frederic