Re: Re(2): [colorforth] merging dictionaries

> Yes, this dicussion is turning a strange direction. I explained the method
> no less than three times and I get pinned with all kinds of innuendo. I'm
> not sure Peter or Arthur understand how the colorForth dictionaries are
> implemented. I'd be happy to explain, if an explanation is desired.

Mark, you and I have had huge disagreements on the c.l.f. newsgroup, as you
might recall.  But I have to admit, this mailing list is much more cordial and
I thank you for offering the help you have been giving.

I have perused the ColorForth source (well, the XcolorForth source), and I am,
to this day, still learning great things about it.  These things are
undoubtedly going to influence FS/Forth, a MachineForth-like environment I'll
be implementing for Linux.

The dictionary implementation in XcolorForth is particularly nice; it's very
simple -- each vocabulary has two arrays: a name array, and a CFA array.
Nothing else is needed.  Element X in one array directly corresponds with
element X in the other.  Trivial.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II