Re: [colorforth] Keyboard use, cf source driver.

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Samuel Falvo wrote:

> > 16 17 18 19    4  5  6  7
> > 20 21 22 23    8  9 10 11
> > 24 25 26 27   12 13 14 15
> >             1  2  3
> >
> > The format for a key pad is:
> >
> > pad f0 f1 ( ... ) f27 ( 28 bytes compiled )
> >
> > where f0, ... , f27 (green, not macros) are the corresponding key
> > functions, and the 28 bytes that follow are the corresponding icon
> > indicies.
> >
> > pad normally is used in a defintion and when executed enters a loop
> > fetching keys and executing the corresponding function.
>
> Sweet -- thanks!! :)  This is just the piece of information I was looking for.
,
,
,
Dear Samuel, Tim here.

I thought I would add the following if it interests you.

The native CF keyboard driver is at this time in assembly,
it has long been on the list as one of the things to replace with a high
level keyboard driver written in cf.

This gains the cf population many subtle advantages.

I started the cfvt52 project, and decided that I needed a keyboard driver to
support ascii connections to a unix machine. After several attempts, and
much help from Mark Slicker I wrote a keyboard driver that is interrupt
driven, and in cf source. This code is 2 screens I believe, leaving the
interrupt screen out of the picture. The interrupt code is also 1 screen.
This is meant to be a qwerty type of driver, I will not be getting around to
reducing it to Chuck's layout for some time, as I have other projects
running. Perhaps you would like to look at it.

As I needed support for a unix like keyboard layout the code is fairly long,
If one was to adjust it for Chuck's code it would take 1 screen and be much
easier. You can find this code at:
http://www.dnd.utwente.nl/~tim/colorforth/cfvt52

Let me know if you are interested.

With kind regards,