Re: [colorforth] cfvt52 and text mode cf

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Arno J.J. Brevoort wrote:

> hi...
>
> (delurking)
>
> how difficult would it be to do the reverse? i.e. serial login to a
> colorforth system, using vt52 escape sequences to show the code / screens
> in appropriate colors? might be useful for embedded use or remote
> debugging.
>
> arno

Dear Arno, Tim here.

This is where cfvt52 is going, to do this vt100 emulation would be more or
less needed, It gains many other things as well. I would really like to see
this happen. By the way others are seeking this as well.

In the mean time ethernet-ip-udp has become available, I now am looking at
integrating the cfvt52 serial code to the ether-ip-udp code. This being the
start of a telnet client/server pair. Any help is greatly appreciated :)
The vt100 extensions to cfvt52 would be a great help. It could also lead to
a text mode cf as well. I had stumbled on a really elegant way to reduce the
complexities of the vt100 protocol using cf. It should be short and easy for
about 90% compatatbility. If you or others are interested I will mail more.

If ethernet is not an option, than this should be applicable to serial as
well. The needed adjustments would probably be minor.

With kind regards,

Tim Neitz
tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rj_cf on #c4th IRCnet