RE: [colorforth] forth taxonomy

That's an ambiguous question; what do you mean by technique?
A well known classification is by threading scheme:
- Token threaded
- Indirect threaded code
- direct thread code
- subroutine threaded code
- native code
Another answer would be the history of Chuck's Forth:
Early implementations: I wasn't born :) IIRC you can find "The history of
Forth" at Forth, Inc.
cmForth - designed for the Novix
OKAD : sourceless programming
ColorForth
But there's probably someone else who knows better.

If I read correctly Jeff Fox, OKAD was a sourceless system; that is, you got
a human-readable source by de-compiling the object code. Chuck was not
satisfied with it because you lose information in the process. I think
ColorForth is a "soften" version of OKAD where source and object code are
mixed - but that's my interpretation of the story. Correct me if I'm wrong.

 Amicalement,
 Frederic