RE: [colorforth] forth taxonomy

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, [iso-8859-1] Frédéric DUBOIS wrote:

> That's an ambiguous question; what do you mean by technique?

Any differentiating aspect e.g. preparsed vs. ASCII text. Jeff Fox wrote a
nice post recently on clf breifly mentioning bootstraping and meta
compilation. I'm curious how different Forths aproached this aspect. I'd
like to implement meta-compilation in colorForth which does not seem
obvious to me.

> A well known classification is by threading scheme:
> - Token threaded
> - Indirect threaded code
> - direct thread code
> - subroutine threaded code
> - native code

Thanks for this information, I found descriptions of these different
methods through google. It is interesting to understand the different
methods even though my particular environment seems to imply native code.

Mark