Re: [colorforth] forth taxonomy

> Maybe sometime we can have a colorforth day and get
> together with Chuck and other colorforth players who
> can show up and toss around some code and ideas.

:( :(  I wish so badly I could go...  Unless you're going to hold it in San
Diego county, there's no way I could attend.  :(

> Indirect-subroutine threaded for instance...

Gross!!  :)

I like ColorForth's native code generation.  It's a *LOT* of computing bang for
the buck.  No, it can't compete with the best code generated from C compilers
in terms of speed, but, well, who cares?  When the compiler is less than 1KB in
size, attaining a "meager" 2.2x performance hit is way more than adequate,
especially when 99.999999% of the time, the computer is waiting on the user
anyway.  The excess 20MB that GCC requires to optimize the hell out of programs
just isn't worth it.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II